Meet Jason SternsCategory: General
Posted by: Bucky Cline on November 2, 2012
We are excited to introduce you to Jason Sterns. As vice president of new business development, Jason will be instrumental in making valuable contacts for GCS, generating new clients and helping GCS to secure an ever larger presence in the marketplace.
Let’s get to know the newest member of our sales team a little better…
- How long have you been in this industry? What is your previous industry experience? Overall, I have 11 years of outsourcing experience, including BPO, e-learning, web self-service and HR pre-employment outsourcing experience. Roles have included business developer.
- What are your goals in this new role at GCS? My goals are to quickly expand GCS offerings into new industries and new channels including inbound telesales and care. What is your sales philosophy? My sales philosophy is two-fold. First, act with a sense of urgency “like your pants on fire.” Second, sell to the customer’s needs, understand as much as you possibly can about their problems and needs. That way you provide solutions that improve your business.
- Tell us about your family: I am happily married for 11 years to Patti. I have a 21 year step-son Creighton who attends Colorado State University and two daughters Zoe (9) and Rylee (8).
- Do you have any pets? We have too many pets – including 2 dogs, a cat, multiple fish, frogs, sea monkeys and the list goes on…..
- What is your educational background? I graduated from the University of Iowa with a Bachelor’s in Biology. Go Hawkeyes!
- What is your favorite quote? There are too many to put down.
- What is your favorite book? I read a lot. I am a fan of John Sandford and the Prey series for fictional reading. I like the Tao Te Ching quite a bit also.
- What is your favorite movie? Top 3: Last of the Mohicans, Dumb and Dumber and Open Range.
- What is on your bucket list? Hiking the Appalachian Trail and Mountain Biking the Colorado Trail
- What is your dream vacation? Fly-fishing in Alaska
- Do you have a favorite musician/band? Tough question because I love music, pretty diverse. List of the last 5 concerts I attended include U2, Snow Patrol, Alice ‘N Chains, Helmet and Michael Franti.
- What’s something most people don’t know about you? I am fairly transparent so not sure if there is something that most people don’t know about. I am most proud of the fact that I have participated twice in the Colorado Tough Mudder and signed up for a third for 2013. I get a lot of surprised looks from people on that one.
- Finish this sentence: When I’m not working, you’ll most likely find me running, biking, fly-fishing or spending time with my family.
Welcome to GCS, Jason!