Dressing Like a Grown Up : Office Dress CodesCategory: Client Relationships, Wellness
Posted by: Greg Alcorn on September 3, 2010
The last couple of days GCS Employees have been seeing articles in the daily news about professional dress in the workplace, we’re even taking requests for the best and worst dressed employees to publish in the weekly newsletter.
Perusing my feeds several days ago I came across Put This On, or more specifically I came across this video:
Granted this video mostly addresses the male dress code. But it is nonetheless interesting and has some helpful tips.
Here are some of the tips that have been in our newsletters:
- Your clothes should fit. Never wear somthing that isn’t the right size!
- Always wear straps. As a female, you should hide undergarment straps and wear sleeves or sleeveless tops (no spaghetti straps, halter tops, tube tops or tank tops).
- Watch the length of your skirts and how much your tops reveal.
- Avoid sports or logoed jerseys or athletic wear.
- Make sure your clothes fit (this one goes for everyone).
- Wear dark socks and make sure the hem of your pants doesn’t show bare skin.
- Shoes should lace up and be a conservative color. Athletic shoes are not recommended.
One of the most important things mentioned in the above video is that your outward dress says a lot about you as a person. Your book gets judged by its cover, especially in the business world.